Monday, May 12, 2008

A Month Later......

Still here! Still putting around trying to figure out what to do next. I am looking for an item that I saw on someone's webisode the other day (don't remember who's, sorry!). It's a little black foam block that has the Stampin Up! logo on it and it holds paper piercers. My next stop today will be the Splitcoast Stampers site to see if I can find it. If you have not visited yet, I highly recommend Splitcoast. Especially if you like Stampin Up! and Close To My Heart products. Many, many techniques and projects available.

I have been reading Emily Adams' blog for awhile now. I love her "Sense"-ational Sundays and Saturday Etsy picks. I too have found some great things, so here are my favorite picks on Etsy from yesterday.

Jo Bear Creations - This shop is loaded with really cute polymer clay pens. I think the charmed pen tops are genius! The baby socks, oh my! I do not have kids, but I think I still have a stuffed animal or doll somewhere that needs these. Check her out!

Beads by Squirrelette - This shop is loaded with beautiful polymer clay beads. Check out her workmanship. I have seen floral beads before, but her work is amazing!

"Sense"-ational Sunday - I see my kitties chasing each other all over the house. I smell mom's baked beans (Yummy!). I hear nothing, peace and quite while I worked. I touch my keyboard. I taste my mom's baked beans, nothing more comforting. Hopefully, I will have my new camera this week, which is suppose to be shipping today. Then, you can see what I see. Thanks to Emily for the inspiration!

Okay, on to today's project...... more scripture journals! These are composition books covered with Stampin Up! card stock and are hand painted. I love the composition books because they are so easy to cover. They make a great class project, too. Inexpensive and functional. I am not completely satisfied with the paintings. The flowers need a little more movement. They look too flat to me, headed back to the painting table to practice, practice, practice.... A new project I am working on is covering an old vinyl 3-ring binder. I have stripped the vinyl from the boards and now it is sitting on my workspace starring at me, "Cover me! I am cold and exposed!" Okay, so it's probably bad when your craft projects talk to you, but how else are you going to know what color they would like to be! :0)

Let me know if you have any questions, I welcome them all....


Weekly Scripture Inspiration
"In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths." -Proverbs 3:6

No comments: