Saturday, March 31, 2012

Italian Zucchini Smothered Steak

Italian Zucchini Smothered Steak

Okay, so this recipe is a little of this, some of that and enough meat and vegies to feed my family. So here are some guidelines, but trust me it is so good you will not want to eat just steak alone again.

Steak 1/2 lb per person (this gives you left overs!)
1 to 2 Zucchini per person (depends on the size, you may need 3 per person. I usually purchase about 5 #)
2 large onions (regular or Maui sweet)
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (I use store brand meat or mushroom)
Canola oil
Ms. Dash Table Blend
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Frozen Ravioli (I use Kroger Brand)

Add a little canola oil to skillet and brown steak. I do not like red, so I cook my steaks until no red remains (doesn't hurt them, trust me).  Season with Salt, pepper and Ms. Dash.  While steaks are cooking, slice onions and zucchini.  Remove steak once done.  Add more oil if needed and add onions and zucchini.  Season with salt, pepper and Ms. Dash.  Saute to tender crisp.  Pour in spaghetti sauce and return steak to skillet.  Cover steak with sauce and vegies, reduce heat to low and simmer until steak is fork tender.  This is about 30 to 45 minutes.  Keep a watch on it so it doesn't boil, dry out, etc.  This should be a slow simmer.  Add seasoning to your taste.  When steak is about 10 minutes from being done, boil water to cook ravioli.  Boil ravioli according to package directions.  Serve steak and vegies over ravioli with garlic bread.

No comments: