Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A smashing page...........

So I am behind on my art journaling.  I have been dealing with a pulled muscle in my shoulder and some others, so I have been resting.  Needless to say, i know........

So I was finally able to complete my two art journal pages and I posted them to the ning site. It was a smashing page that I want to talk about today.  I will post the second page tomorrow.

We were to put acrylic paint on one side of the journal and then close the book.  Smashing the opposite page into the paint and creating a background or design.  It was a disaster at first.  The paint did not transfer and then if it did, it pulled the paper apart. Yikes! You can see below where the white bits are in the middle of the painted areas, this is where the paper pulled off.
So, I tried again.  I used so much paint on the next try, it oozed from the journal.  Still do not think I got this technique down right, but I will keep trying.  So, here is my finished page that I posted on the art journaling ning site.
All of the color was smashed between the pages.  I then went in, using black acrylic paint, and added all of the black accents.  To me this looked like a close up of a butterfly.  Not sure it came out correctly, but I really like it and that is what matters in your art journal.  Do what you like and keep working even if it's not working, keep at it.  Enjoy........

No comments: