Thursday, May 10, 2012

Street Art Anyone?????

Here is the second page in my art journal that I posted to the art journal ning site.  I know my posts have been short, but I am still recovering and my shoulder is screaming at me this morning. So, hopefully I will be back to normal soon.

This week's study was on Street Art or Graffiti.  This was a challenge for me because I do not do graffiti, have never done graffiti, so I winged it.  Still not sure how graffiti my page is...........but I tried.

I call this page Faith.  I did an original drawing showing faith growing from my heart.  The stems of the flowers have faith written in them and all is colored with colored pencils. The scripture is written with a black bic pen.  Yes, bic pen.  It worked with the background.

Oh, the background! I started with white gesso, then acrylic paints.  I wasn't happy, so I used a credit card and scrapped on more gesso.  I used a stencil, paper towel and water to remove the paint from the stencil area which created the "flower" areas. Then i decided black was needed and I wanted a stencil with little circles. So I pulled a scrap piece of card stock and started punching holes.  I used two different sizes of hole punches and made a "design".  Then I used the Tim Holtz Ink Applicator with Distress Ink Black Soot.  Over-all I like it.  I may at some point go back and add some stamping here and there, but for now it's done.  If I do add stamping, you will see a re-post with the updated page.

Enjoy.......

No comments: