Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Accident

Greetings All! Okay, so I am suppose to be doing my taxes today, but who wants to do taxes when you can craft and blog, right? So, I am sharing my happy accident from this weekend.....

I have been working on a Life Journal and wanted to include some pocket pages, so I started covering a plain cheep file folder (20 cents sale! Woohoo, I love sales!). I get to the finished piece and say "Why would I want to cover this up?" So, I have new journal cover and I am still in process of locating and making the pockets for my life journal. Let me know what you think!

I started with a school type file folder and cut along the fold and then along the top to preserve the pocket on the inside. The size is 9.75"L x 7"W. I had some old scrapbook papers that I started with and just kept adding elements until I was satisfied. The stamped images are from Stampin' Up Travel Sketchbook stamping set. The middle image matted with black cardstock is a thin piece of gold polymer clay, stamped with Staz On! black and then baked at manufacturers instructions. This was a leftover tile from the polymer clay journal I designed last year.









This is the inside with the pocket still in tact.


















This is the back cover of the journal.




I still need to bind it and add the inside note paper. I will post a picture later of the finished journal. Please let me know if you have any questions about any post, I will be happy to answer. Be safe! Enjoy..............

No comments: