Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Addiction

Glass Micro Beads are so YUMMY! They are what I like to call crafting sugar. I will post pictures of projects with the micro beads once they are completed. BTW, I have found a wonderful company to obtain these beads, Penny Wise Arts. They have all colors and their tape is the best on the market for beading. I ordered on Monday and received the order on Thursday. The best shipping time for any company I shop with. They are at the top of my recommendation list. Also, they have archived on-line classes that have so much information and fun projects. You will get addicted too!

On to today's project....it is a wax resist card with paper clay embellishment. I stamped glossy cardstock with black Staz On, then proceeded with the wax resist technique. The embellishment is made of paper clay. To make a raised image instead of a depressed image from a stamp, take a ball of conditioned scrap polymer clay and press the stamp of choice into the clay. Make sure you have coated your stamp with cornstarch or automotive protectant spray first, which will act as a release agent. Once the image is deeply impressed, remove the stamp and bake the clay at manufacturer instructions. Once cooled, powder the mold you have made with baby powder, making sure it is well coated. Take a ball of paper clay and press it into the mold. Carefully remove the clay and let it dry over night. You now have raised image made from your stamp. Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, I apologize that the picture is a little blurred. I scanned this one. Enjoy....

No comments: